Welcome to It Builds Character… and other parenting clichés.
We are a collection of parents writing not necessarily about what we know best, but at least what is immediately in front of us on a daily basis. Some of us work, some of us are at home with the kids, and some of us are at home but wish we worked.
Parenting has a steep learning curve, but one thing we know is this: It’s a heck of a lot more fun with other parents with whom you can laugh, celebrate, or commiserate.
You can learn more about each of our writers on our Contributors page.
What can you find here? We’re broken down by categories and days:
Monday: Miscellaneous Monday – Anything goes
Tuesday: Tuesdays A Titter – We’re bringing the funny
Wednesday: What We’re Reading This Week – A collection of some of our fave posts around the web
Thursday: Chortle Portal – More funny, because we like it that way
Friday: Functional Friday – Health, nutrition, wellness & news
We write about a range of topics, including:
Day to day parenting, both serious and funny. Some of our favorites are:
- Tater Tots Nearly Killed My Family – Don’t Let Them Kill Yours Too
- 10 Things That Changed When They Showed Up
- The Worst Things About Parenting, No. 5: Gwyneth Paltrow
Community involvement for the entire family. Get a sneak peek here:
Health, nutrition and wellness:
- Easy Substitutions For Allergen Free Cooking And Baking
- Cleaning House (And Our Skincare Routine)
- Button Batteries: The Hidden Danger In Your Home
…And crafts and activities, such as these fun ideas: