As a family with four children under the age of 7 there is a lot of noise and commotion at our house all day long. But with all the screaming (who me?) and fighting there is also tons and tons of love in our house. It is always good to take a break from the commotion and have each child focus on what they love about someone else, plus it makes kids feel good to hear the positive things their siblings love about them.
To display our love all month long we created a How Do I Love Thee Heart Banner. My daughter and I cut out assorted sizes of paper hearts and attached them to yarn with tape. Then we all talked about different things we love about each family member and wrote them on the hearts. We have a few hearts left open so we can continue to write down more ways we love each other as the month continues.
- Assorted Patterned Paper
- Cut out assorted sizes of paper hearts from your patterned paper.
- Determine how long you want your banner to be and cut a piece or pieces of yarn to size.
- Tape your hearts to the yarn by adding the tape onto the back of the hearts over the yarn.
- Use a pen or marker to write down what you love about each person in your family.
- Hang up your heart banner during the month of February.
To find more Valentine’s Day crafts you and your family will enjoy visit these links:
Fun to make dish using paintable air-dry clay.
Create a special gift for Mom or Dad using your child’s fingerprint.