The benefits of exercise have been preached to us since we were young and there’s no denying that exercise makes you healthier and gives you more energy. But, since we all know that, let’s discuss the benefits of going to a gym that have nothing to do with getting fit. Here are my top five:
- Solo Shower: Remember the days when you used to be able to shower without little hands pulling back the shower curtain calling mommy or daddy? Those days don’t have to be over. The showers at the gym allow you peace and quiet. As a bonus, they can save you money—if you use the gym’s products, it cuts down on the amount of shampoo, conditioner and soap you need to buy.
- Child Care: Most gyms have child care. I cherish the up to two hours a day I can leave my children at Kids Korner at my gym. In fact, I have used it to save me one week when our normal sitter was injured and couldn’t watch the kids. I had to get work done, so I took the kids to the gym for two hours of uninterrupted power work time.
- Common Discussion Topic Other than Kids: Gyms can be a great place to meet people you don’t have to talk about your kids with—you have another interest in common—working out.
- Spa Services: Most gyms offer spa services. Need I say more?
- Someone Else Cleans for You: Use equipment at the gym—other than wiping off your sweat someone else will clean it for you. Use a bunch of towels? The gym washes them for you. Anything that gives me less laundry to do, I’m a fan of.